[TechAssist] Re: Philips Mag TS3259C101,ch# 32G700-7585 increase volume range?

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:06:18 -0400

Speaking with the voice of experience, the only way to solve the audio
problem for seniors is with earphones with adjustable volume. I usually use
infra-red or RF earphones and a multiplicity of headsets. The batteries are
a pain to change and they run them down by not shutting off the power so I
prefer headsets with rechargable batteries that charge by placing the
headset on a charging cradle.
Just turning the volume up does not work. The low frequencies resonate and
boom and drive other people out of the room. Something about the small
acoustic cavity provided by the earphones seems to provide an acceptable
frequency response even if the earphones dont have a tone control.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609