[TechAssist] Philips CDV19BPH21 No DVD action.

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:51:42 -0600

  Hello. I have a Philips CDV19BPH21 made in 2000 TV/DVD combi that has
a  disc in the mechanism.  It will not spin or eject.  There are no
signs of power to the DVD.  I do not have a service manual.  Does anyone
have a suggestion of what to check first or what are the common problems
with these.  I assume DVD problems require replacement of the mechanism
but I do not want to do that if it is a power supply problem.. Does
anyone have a service manual they could send.  Thanks in advance.  Have
a good holiday weekend everyone, John.

--
John Mielke
Main TV