[TechAssist] Re: Philips 25ps40s121 Ch_25M800 weird vertical problem

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:42:10 -0600

Does the yoke have a part # on it?

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Electric=A0Medic) Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2005,
12:54pm (CST+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re:
Philips 25ps40s121 Ch_25M800 weird vert problem Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan:
I haven't tried another brand, at least not on these M8 and T8. But
yeah, I have subbed different brand yokes before, like Sharp and TCE.
And those noisy older NAP P and N chassis. I do know that a M8 and T8
same screen size are interchangeable at least for test. I don't think
they interchange perfectly. But at least you can tell if the pix opens
up even if it isn't converged. Anything for a test to save replacing
parts all over the board. I now have one of each type for test so I know
in a minute or two if I need to order one for customer. I started
getting them from dropped store stock units or broken shadow mask units.
We eventually managed to acquire some of those sets. Stripped down for
parts. I use those for test. If yoke bad we order customer one, however,
we stock new ones now for the 25" and 27".

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com