[TechAssist] Parts ID, 2003 Symphinic TV M#ST419B

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:44:36 -0700

Hi,
I have a 2003 19" Symphonic TV, mfg. 11/02, model ST419B.  Definitely no top
of the line here :-)  The customer purchased in early December for a
Christmas present.  It failed and he took it back to where he purchased it
and was informed of a 30 day warranty from the date of purchase.
I need to know of a sub for Q622. The number marked on the transistor is
C103.  The crosses show it to be ECG123A which is wrong as this is a digital
transistor.
I am quite sure the transistor is bad as the symptom is, when warm ( 20
minutes or so), the set turns off.  You can turn it back on immediately and
it works. This process happens more frequently till you no longer can turn
it back on.  I can heat this transistor and make it go out and cool it and
it will work again for awhile.
Thanks for the help.
Daryl
Daryl's TV