[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic VHS Camcorder power supply/chargerinfo needed

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:32:40 -0400

Ditto to what Leroy said, most of the time is is broken traces or solder joints.
Sometimes you can't see the breaks,  meter it out. Also pay particular
attention to heavy items on pcb (xformers, large caps, coils, etc.). If you
can't find anything, let me know.

Chris

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> llw@xxxxxxxxxx 4/24/04 11:26:48 AM >>>

Walter,
I have a manual on the AG-B3 ( AG-170 ), and the AG-B21 ( AG-187 ) if they
are similar.
When I fix these for the prison, they always just turn out to be broken
traces on the PC boards, mostly under the stand-up regulator IC, and the
power input area. ( The kind of traces that stick to your soldering Iron,
when removing the solder with solder wick. )They are a little frustrating to
take apart, and re-assemble, but,...thats what you have to do.

HTH,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx