[TechAssist] Panasonic PV-A396D cylinder problem fixed

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:52:22 -0400

Power would not stay on for more than a few seconds on this 1996 VHSC
camcorder. Found cylinder appeared to be locked up. Rotor magnet VTW0008 was
coming apart. Replaced rotor magnet but then cylinder would accelerate too
slowly and power would shut off. Found some blisters on the cylinder driver
transistor array IC2004, UN224-TX. Replacing the IC repaired the problem.
Then had to adjust the head switching point, which we did mechanically as we
did not have the electronic jig. Since this is the third time we have run
across this same problem, it must be common.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609