[TechAssist] Panasonic PT-50WXFSR, chassis ALEDP808,bright green lines in vibrating picture.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:42:58 -0700

This projection TV was dropped and there could be possible water damage.
I have 3 symptoms:

1)       Bright green horizontal lines that bounce and vibrate.  Black
lines in between.  When I press the ?Action? button on the front I get 8
blue boxes that are severely distorted with vertical wiggle lines.
2)      Tuner is not working?acts as if cable is not connected, snowy
picture and pink noise.  Video input gives same green picture, but with
working audio.
3)      Looking at the 3 picture tubes, the green is very bright, the
blue is not so bright and the red is blank (hasn?t gone to school)
except for the left and right edges.

I checked all boards for cracks but could find nothing broken.  It does
look like there are stains on the deflection and signal circuit boards
as though there has been some water damage.  There is no corrosion on
the top of the board, but there is a white substance on the solder side
on all the connections in one area of the signal board.

Any input to this convoluted TV would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx