[TechAssist] Panasonic DVD A-120 Finiky player

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

This DVD player will play some  discs and wont play others. Customer says that
he used to play all of his collection of about 100 with out any trouble. He
left a couple that will not play in this player. I tried them in another player
and they work fine but they do not work in his player. I have a disc that I use
in the shop and it works fine in his player. I took the board off of the player
to see if there was any thing that looked suspicious. Checked for cracks with
ultra magnification. I was able to get the discs to play by pressing on the
board in certain areas, but not consistently. Most of the time the readout
would say unable to play this kind of disc. Yes I cleaned the pickup first
thing.        Paul

Paul ,B
                                     Central TV&Video

Grover Beach Ca.