[TechAssist] Panasonic CT-32HX40B, Chassis DX2/AP346 Int High Voltage, Video Problem

  • From: "art bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:02:00 -0400

Initially, the screen would intermittently go completely green. While
troubleshooting, we noticed that sometimes the high voltage would not =
come
up (when the set is powered on, there are a number of relays that click, =
and
finally high voltage (and Flyback secondary voltages) come up. Thinking =
that
the video problem, which involves an update kit and causes shutdown, =
might
be causing the loss of high voltage, we ignored it for the moment.

We ordered and installed the fix for the video drive chips being =
damaged,
but now the high voltage never comes up (unless I'm measuring for =
voltage in
the horiz supply area and then sometimes it will fire up when I touch a
certain test point). Once this happens, it will come on a few times and =
then
die again. Pulling the CRT socket doesn't help.

When the set does come on, we have a picture for about a minute, then =
the
picture fades to a dull grey screen with retrace lines. It never did =
this
before, so I plan to swap out the new video drivers one at a time, but =
does
anyone have any knowledge about the intermittent horiz output?

Thanks, art

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street