[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT31XF32CT chassis ALEDP240C

  • From: "Paul Westcott" <westcott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:33:26 -0400

Dan,
I really didn't notice a loss of vertical,but then again
I wasn't paying attention as I was looking at the screen
from a mirror.
As far as your repair, a lot of sets need the vertical and horizontal
blanking pulses to process the video.
I,m assuming that a fault in the vertical might be enough
to affect the vert. blanking pulse.
Years ago,RCA had a sandcastle pulse that was the
combination of the horiz. and vert. pulses.
If either was missing, there was no video.
I,ll take a closer look at the vertical tomorrow.
Will post if I find the fix.
Paul.