[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic 31" flyback, screen control on flyback is dirty and picture flashes.

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:02:32 -0500

Kevin, I have done this several times with the screen AND focus controls. The
cleaner that I have used is from Chemtronics, which has a silicone lube.
Just be careful and don't drill into the control surface. Stop as soon as you
get thru the plastic cover. I always drill at the 6 o'clock position, with the
control wiper set at the 2, or 11 o'clock position.

The options are replace or repair. I will always try the repair first.

Good luck,
Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas