[TechAssist] PTV340 Magnavox - has sound but no pic ???

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:08:29 -0500

What:   46" Big Screen TV
Make:   Magnavox
Model:   RK8530 AK07
Chassis:   PTV340
Made:   June 1990

Problem:   Has sound but no Picture.

I found R446 0.47 ohm 1w resistor was open on the large power supply panel.
I replaced the resistor and brought voltage up slowly on my Sencore PR-57
Variac and the Set began drawing extremely high current and R446 was getting
hot so I shut the power to the set off.

I do not have a schematic on this set. Can someone upload a schematic for
this Chassis to our members area or to my e-mail address, or has anyone seen
this R446 resistor open up before on this common PTV340 Chassis. I searched
my many tips and Google and found nothing. Any help appreciated. This Big
Screen tv belongs to a Local Church youth group and they need it back by
friday and I was trying to help the youth group out.

Garris Radio & TV
Dan Garris
New Bern, NC
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx