[TechAssist] PHILLIP MAXNAVOX TS3270 B101 Chassis 32B501-00A

  • From: "JOSE R. PANIAGUA" <breadywater@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:46:06 -0800

Hello and how is every body. I'm freezing here in the Bronx NY.
I have the following problem with this TV. It came dead change the regulator
and the HOP and the TV come ok. and work for about 20 minutes and then go dead.
So I check the HOP and this was short again I use D2578 = ECG2353. so I install
another one and then the picture was about 1 and 1/2 inch close at both side
and with pincushion problem. so I check one standing small board that work with
the pincushion and the 13+ volt was missing so I fix it and then the picture
come perfect. a run the TV for about one hour then it go dead again, I check
(Ring) the Fly back and it test perfect  I check all the capacitor in the
Horizontal section and everything look ok. I install again new HOP and I was
happy it work for about two  hours and then it go dead again. ( note I touch
the HOP and it not get hot).
My question is . It is possible that the Joke has something to do with this
problem because I check  it and in the Horizontal winding  check ok. but when I
ring the vertical it say not good I get 0 rings.
please if someone has any advice let me know.
oh I almost forgot in the last time I install a original HOT that I took from
another Magnavox Chassis.
Thank you all and I send you a little cold from here.

Jose R. Paniagua.
PANIAGUA TV & VCR Service
breadywater@xxxxxxx
Phone (718)367-1527/ 563-4696