[TechAssist] PANASONIC TV MODEL CT32G11U REGULATION TROUBLE

  • From: "derouin" <derouin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:55:49 -0700

Hello everyone I am working on a Panasonic tv, It came in with a blown fuse
checked all components in power supply and hv found no shorts so replaced the
fuse and as soon as I pluged it in the hot shorted unsoldered the collector and
measured the voltage it is running at about 360 volts. went back to regulator
found an open .22 ohm resistor also two blown electrolytics on in the collector
of the hot and the other in the regulator.  replace the damaged caps replaced
the regulator stk730-020 and still running about 360 volts all voltages on the
regulator seem close except for pin four which is supposed to be -.4volts it
measures +15volts I have checked the resistors and filters in the circuit and
can't seem to put my finger on the trouble any Ideas would be appreciated
greatly
thanks
Jim Brown
Norms TV & Computer Service