[TechAssist] Re: Newbie needing tubes

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 01:51:29 +0000

Is he wanting Russian or US NOS ? Most of the tube you listed are the more
sought after and more expensive audiofile tubes, most have been reproduced
now and are avalible from sovtek and svetlana at reasonable rates (contant
New Sensor, Antique tube, Radio Electric Supply, etc) but, the American NOS
ones are getting pretty expensive. So the question is What buisness is he
wanting to get into, repair or is he looking to buy cheap and sell high as a
middleman..........

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV
(The reason I ask is that is the same list people were circulating 10 or 15
years ago trying to buy up the better NOS varieties)

From: "DICKSTV" <dicksradiotv@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Newbie needing tubes
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:07:17 -0500

Hi to all
I have been contacted by a very fresh young fellow that wants
to get into the industry.  He would like to purchase old tubes
within your inventory. Numbers and contact info is this:

Hi Clancy-
Here is a list of tubes that I am interested in:

-12AX7 (or ECC83), 7025, 5751, 12DW7, 12BH7
-12AU7 (or ECC82), 6201
-12AT7 (or ECC81)
-12AY7
-6L6, 5881, 7581, KT66
-EL84, 6BQ5, 7189
-EL34 (or 6CA7)
-6X4, 5AR4 (or GZ34), 5Y3, 5V4, 5U4
-6550, KT88
-6V6
-6SJ7, 6SN7, 6SL7, 6SC7
-6CG7 (or 6FQ7)
-7591, 7868
-#50

Some of them might have suffixes like "A", "GC",
"WA".etc.

I appreciate you help!

Thanks,
Zack Deeds
636-346-3790

T. Clancy Harms               NESDA Region 7 Director
Dick's Radio & TV, Inc.
2319 West Clay St.
St. Charles, MO. 63301
(636)-724-5055