[TechAssist] Re: ((New Toshiba PTV - Bad Convergence))

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:09:02 -0500

Hi Bil,
I haven't seen this unit yet, but there are 2 routes to take regarding
picture tilt. But 1st try to fix the intermittant convergence as it may be
the reason for your tilt.

First thing to look at with your convergence grid is whether you have BOTH
vertical and horizontal lines tilted. If they are both equally tilted, then
rotate all 3 yokes to correct that problem.

If you have only vertical or horizontal tilt, then you need to adjust the
"skew" control in the convergence adjustments.

Also note that some manufacturers are placing tilt adjustments in the
customer menu, but I've only seen Sony using it on the CRT/Direct view
units, not on their projection TVs. I don't think its necessary on PTVs
because they aren't affected by the earth's magnetic field like a picture
tube is.

Good luck,
Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx