[TechAssist] Multimedia Projector Repair Reference

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:17:08 -0500

>>> Christopher Barnak 3/11/2005 8:31:39 AM >>>
Do you guys do are no anyone who repairs multimedia projectors?
Our school system is loaded with them and getting more all the time.
Our newest High School does not have ANY T.V. in classrooms.
All video and computer is used via MMP and projection screen.
ALL video is streamed on request from the Media Centers and can be
controlled
(i.e. play, stop, pause etc.) from the classroom. Most media is stored
on a 600 GB
hard drive and many videos are accessed that way. But VHS, DVD, LD
media is
also available. This video is streamed  over the LAN to the classrooms.
All digital.

I'm looking for a reputable place on the East Coast. Need some
recomendations.

Currently using some in house repair (panasonic and sony) but most have
be sent out. Estimates run $150 and most want a up front authorization
of $500 or more.
Which is ok.

I'm currently using the Projector Doctor on the Left Coast.
ProjectorDoctor.com

Might be something you want to look into repairing.

By the way, some DLP amd LCD projectors a super bright.
Seems like you could stick one of these in a Rear Projection Cabinet,
add a tuner,
and have a good TV.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools