[TechAssist] Re: Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't show my italics,etc on body

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:25:59 -0400

 I think any formatting gets stripped by the server. Not sure where the
extracharacters came from.
Here's a test:

Italics

Bold

Using Thunderbird version 1.0.2 (20050317)
John Myers Myers TV Service 376 E. State St. Alliance, OH 44601 330-821-6545
myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] www.myerstv.net[2]

Phil Bader wrote: When I write an email response, sometimes I highlight a
work and click the "italics" button to accentuate the word. It comes back on
the forum not with thw word in italics, but with a forward slash bar either
side. I highlighted some words in another email, to make bold only to see
allbut one of them normal, but with asterisks next to them. Is this a quirk
of Thunderbird version 1.0 (20041206), or what? Phil Bader

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 http://www.myerstv.net