[TechAssist] Re: Modern test equipment VS Old brew equipment

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:20:39 -0500

Test equipment, as with any other tool, can only do what it was built to do.
When you start have go/no-go testing you will have problems.  As an example:
The CTC19x ihvts-the Sencore ringers will almost always say "good".  At
least they give you a ring count.  With that in mind, ring some new ones and
see what they do.  The bad IHVTs may ring 40+, but that is not "good", they
need to be 55+.

Any piece of test equipment requires a little, or lot, of knowledge by the
user.  Interpretting the measured results/test require more than just
reading "good" or "bad" on an instruments face.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310