[TechAssist] Mitsubishi--blows F902

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:36:49 -0500

   Model= vs-4544 Chassis=VZ3       This set blows F902 after about 30 seconds,
HOT(Q5A00) is good, flyback rings ok, also Q5A02 is ok. Replaced all bad caps
and bad solder connections. Doing some research I hear that L5A01 and L5A00 can
go bad but I ring both coils and get over 55 rings,so I assume they are good,
is there anything I am missing? B+ at F902 is running at about 115 volts just
before it blows so I don't think I have an over voltage condition. I do not
have the schematic, if anyone has one I could use it. Could I have a shorted
yoke? Is that a common problem with this model?
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771