[TechAssist] Mitsubishi VS-4506R (no audio from cold start)

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:36:38 -0400

I went on a service call this morning for a Mitsubishi VS-4506R that has no
audio only from a cold start for anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes, regardless
of input source. The picture is great and once the audio comes on, it stays
on. I used the heat gun in the vicinity of IC101 and the sound came on
almost immediately, but using freeze spray anywhere could not get the
problem to reoccur. The set would have to be off for some time and again the
same process was repeated upon startup. Has anyone experienced this (and it
is not a solder connection problem)?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager