[TechAssist] Mitsubishi VCR HS-U51, require gear alignment procedure

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:59:40 -0400

I have this Mitsubishi VCR model HS-U51, which I require the gear
alignment procedure for. After dissassembly to clean out all the old
caked on black grease, all I get when plugging the unit in, is the
supply reel rotating for 15 seconds then stopping and the power shuts
off. When I try to turn the loading motor worm gear by hand, the mech.
will only load so far then the motor jams up. I must have something out
of position. I also cleaned the mode switch and replaced the little
latch solenoid because of open coil.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney