[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi PIP Bypass

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:31:28 -0400

Ed, with my Netscape message search, I found 18 results for "Mitsubishi
pip" from saved messages I have kept.

see below:

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

here's the pinouts for a successful bypass surgery on mga big screens
and the 27 in tv's that use the same pip brd.
ALL ON VP BOARD
Y= WIRE 7 & 9 TOGETHER
CHROMA= WIRE 5 & 11 TOGETHER

There has been sooo much on this already, but here it is again.
Per Mits tech-support, Change C7001 (4.7uF35V), C7014
(47uF35V), C7026 (4.7uF35V), and C7036 (4.7Uf35V). Due
to etch damage, install a jumper from C7001+ to Q7007 emitter.

To bypass the PIP module for verification, remove module and
TEMPORARILY install a jumper (on main pcb) between VP
connector (11 pin) pins 5 and 11 for no more than 5 minutes.

Extension cables for troubleshooting the module are:
P/N 859C432040 (11 pin) $15
P/N 859C432030 (13 pin) $15

Here it is, I will try it in a day or two
Gabe
Thanks Bil and others
MITSUBISHI PTV PIP BOARD
BYPASS THE BAD BOARD

Wire a 4.7uf 50v cap from pin 5 to pin 11(pos. to pin 5),
and a .01uf 50v ceramic disc from pin 7 to pin 9.

Remove "Vp" Plug From Pip Mod.Install .01 From Pin 7 To Pin 9 Install
4.7/35-50v;Pos.To Pin 5,Neg. To Pin 11

Re: Mitsubishi PIP module 930B552~~~:
The following info has been tested and used by our facility, but is
presented
for use at your own risk.
Assuming your module has been declared scrap, takeplug "VP" from it.(if
plug
is not available, remove socket from pcb and install caps thru board.)
Install .01 mfd capacitor from pin 7 to pin 9.
Install 4.7 mfd @ 35-50vdc electrolytic capacitor + lead to pin 5, -
lead to
pin 11.
That's it! Plug in your modified plug assy. and stable Y/C is restored.
Keep in mind that this is a very basic modification. It restores use of
the
set at low cost, however, if the customer selects PIP on his remote, the
PIP
info display will still appear with no PIP block.
Perhaps one of you could take this mod to the next level and eliminate
the
PIP character display as well.
Made up ahead of time and kept in your service vehicle makes many Mitsu
calls
one visit completes.

If you have decided that the pip board is scrap,
remove "VP" plug from pip module. On the plug that you
removed install .01 from pin 7 to pin 9. install
4.7/35v positive to pin 5 negative to pin 11. Put the
altered plug back on the chassis. of course don't re
install the pip board.
Repair may be possible by changing C7001;4.7/35,
C7014,C7026, C7036. All are 4.7/35. May need to
install a jumper from C7001+side to Q7007 emitter.
This tip thanks to Jeff Stielau
Hope this helps    Walter

=------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The proper by-pass for this PIP is: 4.7uf @ 35-50v, (+)pin 5, (-)pin 11,
.01
between pin 7-9, both caps on VP socket. Works great. Caps can be
plugged
into the socket from the top.

Thanks to all who replied.

Paul W
C&W Electronics

teltek3 wrote:

> Anyone have the diagram or the Pin numbers for the PIP Bypass. I think it
> involves a 4.7ufd and a .01 cap, but I need the pin numbers. I think I'm
> going to have to find a better filing system, since I had it at one time.
>
> TIA
>
> -Ed-
> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada