[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi HS-U560 record problem

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:22:13 -0400

There is likely nothing wrong with this machine.  If he is doing editing he
needs a machine with flying erase heads.  Standard consumer machines with a
distance between the video (and hifi audio) heads and the erase head will
give strange effects such as chroma leakage, noise, "blips", etc when the
edit point occurs and the video and hifi heads record over the area of the
tape which has not been erased.  The only solution is to use a tape that has
been erased or new and pause/start the machine without ever unloading the
tape.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd