[TechAssist] Mitsubishi CS35X7

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:17:14 -0600

Hi Gang:
      this is one comes in with customer saying sound fades in and out,  rca
audio outs are ok,  plugged it in and power supply caps blew,   C9H4, C9H3,
C949.  replaced them, now it tries to start but shuts down,  click on and
back off as soon as you plug it in,  no response using the front  panel ,
what ever relay energizes to get D901 ac power isn't doing it, so no
voltages at the STRS reg, ? green led D959 comes on then back off, I'v
headed and cooled, resolderd, checked all reg's, caps, and Diodes,   if it
has a problem on the audio board , will it shut down ?  can it be isolated?
via one of the jacks on the p.s.   I need a print of this power supply or
some advise,  this thing is heavy, big, in the way,  and I can't get
anything else done until its off my bench,   anyone fought this before ?   I
really appreciate any and all input on this one
brock
Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237
5208  cr.3385