[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi 35in. CS-3515R. H.V. shutdown, Relay clicks on for .5 sec. then clicks off, after 3 sec., keeps repeating

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:51:32 -0500

Pull the Horiz output and see if it clicks on/off.....then do the 40W or 60W
light bulb load test, if it STOPs clicking on/off.....first part checks for
OVP, 2nd part checks for OCP operations.....

I think the STR5141G has been known to do this, make sure you replace it
with an original G series.
Also, if you find a transistor/zener tucked in near the backside of the
5141g's heat sink, I've seen those get temp-sensitive and cause
shutdown......

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN