[TechAssist] Re: Mits. VS6043 Shutting off

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:25:17 -0400

This is a VZ3 chassis.

From Mitsubishi for intermittent shutdown:

1. REPLACE L5A00,IF COIL IS WRAPPED IN BLACK TAPE,WITH PT#351P138020, (THE
NEW COIL SHOULD BE WRAPPED WITH YELLOW TAPE).THIS IS LOCATED ON THE
MAIN-PCB.

From Mitsubishi for shutdown at power on:

1. SHORT DETECT SHUT DOWN (PIN 15 OF IC700) CHECK FOR OPEN L902 PART #
351P070010 OFF Q904 C (15 V SUPPLY) ON THE MAIN PCB. 2. CHECK FOR LEAKEY
D5A21, PART # 264P045040, IN THE BEAM PROTECTION CIRCUIT ON THE MAIN PCB 3.
CHECK D5A09, PART # 264P244030 OFF OF PIN 6 OF IC5A01 ON THE MAIN PCB.

From Mitsubishi for beam current shutdown:

1. EXCESSIVE BRIGHTNESS, CHECK FOR LEAKY Q6R1 (RED CRT PCB), Q6G1 (GREEN CRT
PCB) AND/OR Q6B1 (BLUE CRT PCB). PART # 260P267020 2. NORMAL BRIGHTNESS,
CHECK FOR LEAKEY D5A21, PART # 264P045040, IN THE BEAM PROTECTION CIRCUIT ON
THE MAIN PCB

Also check for coolant leakage carefully, and I mean very carefully.  I have
seen several of these with very small leaks that were not evident at the
tubes but only a little fluid on the board.

There is a mod for jitter problems with sources with flaky sync.  If you
need it or any copies of the manual, contact me.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL