[TechAssist] Magnavox PR3952 B101, PTV520-AH01, need service manual

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:33:13 -0700

This is my set from hell.  After, I replaced the coolant in 2 of the 3
tubes I had coolant leak in the green tube which landed on the CRT
board.  I then had to replace the socket on that board and clean it up.
After all that work I noticed there was an unconnected yellow wire just
sitting underneath the tubes to the side.  This wire comes from the
focus/screen block and I don't know where it goes, if it goes anywhere.

Oh, I forgot to mention that even though all three guns are in perfect
focus, I cannot adjust the green or the red focus.  Only the blue gun
will adjust.  All 3 guns could be adjusted before.  Also, if the cable
is disconnected and there is just snow, the convergence is way out on
the red and blue guns.  But when there is a signal the convergence is
perfect on tuner and the video inputs.

Does anyone have the service manual for this set that would tell me
where the yellow wire goes?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada