[TechAssist] Magnavox (Funai), CCR190AT03, SMPS Problem

  • From: "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:51:19 -0600

Hi,
Working on a Magnavox CCR190AT03 made by Funai.
It appears to have a power supply problem.  With the set off, my voltage are
6v, 12v, and 115v.  When powered on, the 6 and 12 volts are still good but
the 115 goes to 176 volts.  It obviously goes into immediate shut down.  One
day while tracing it out, it killed the HOT.  Before it took out the HOT and
before it went into shutdown, I could see it had full vertical deflection
and no retrace lines. I took the HOT out of circuit and placed a light bulb
in its place for load.  Power supply is still way too high, eliminating a
deflection load problem.
I replaced the opto-coupler, checked all of the resistors in that feedback
circuit, changed several caps that had high esr and resoldered the usual bad
solder joints.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this piece of art?
Thanks,
Daryl
Daryl's TV
3310 Dyer St.