[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox FP5230W104

  • From: "Gary Pahls" <bec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:16:52 -0600

Seen this a thousand times, it's always the fluid.  Take the screen off,
look directly into the tubes with a flashlight and the set off, if the fluid
is not clear then it's contaminated.  Compare the left or Blue tube (looking
at it from the front) to the right or red tube, they should look the same.
You can't always tell with the green tube because most of them have tinted
lenses.

Gary Pahls
Beloit Entertainment Center
bec@xxxxxxxxx