[TechAssist] Magnavox CCX252 Tray Issues

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:36:33 -0400

Make : Magnavox
Model : CCX252AT32
Problem :  Unit comes on with tape carriage in fully loaded position.
Screen will read EJECT.  Set turns on then shuts off from this problem.

Opening these up we find that the tray just needs to be repositioned so the

This is a very cheeep looking , funai-ish type made mechanism.

When all is working the tray goes in a few inches , then the loading motor
brings a metal pin up to the carriage which locks in a plastic groove & pull
she carriage down to position.  All it takes is for this metal pin to NOT
get into place in the plastic groove for these to malfunction!

Are others seeing this failure also ?  Is there a reason why or a way to
prevent it?  I've seen two of these in the past week!

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane
Westbrook, CT 06498