[TechAssist] Re: Lift trucks - revisited

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:31:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joe,  I have a hydraulic lift that I think came from Harbor Freight that was
made in china. It has 1100 lb capacity and must weigh close to two hundred lbs.
I dropped it on my toe and broke it "my toe" getting it out of my van. I think
it was on sale for around $85.00. But it has been most useful for lifting heavy
sets and moving them from place to place. I have one complaint. It lowers by
itself over night and is at the bottom in the morning.     Paul
Spook112@xxxxxxx wrote:Hi guys...I don't know if you wanted to hear from anyone
that owns one of
these carts, but in case you did I bought the "cheap" one for $99 a couple
years
ago. I've got to say that this is one of the best things that i ever bought.
There is NO WAY that i'd be able to lift a sony 36" by myself, It is all i
can do to tip one end up & kick this cart underneath it, but once on the cart,
you can pump it up to a comfortable height to work on it, or haul it out to
the customer's van & pump it up so that it's level with the deck of the van and
slide it in the van. The only "knock" i have against it is that I wish it
would lift just a couple more inches higher, but I can live with that for the
price....The thing is made in china (what isn't) but they must have screwed up
because it looks to be of decent quality. no problems so far, even the wheels
have lasted well. i DID read of one shop saying that if he left a set on the
table overnight, when he came in the next morning, the cart had "deflated" and
lowered itself down, but i have not experienced that problem. Do be aware that
harborfreight offers free shipping on this, but they DO have a handling
charge (i think it's 10 bucks) but that's less than the shipping would have
been......I can recommend this product.
joe sopko, consumer service, s.euclid,oh

In a message dated 1/9/2004 12:09:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
myerstv@xxxxxxxx writes:
> Hi everyone,Hope you had a great holiday.
> We just got the latest Harbor Freight catalog (catalog 745-c Winter /
> Spring, 2004).They are offering free shipping, plus $5.00 off of all orders.
> The
> following lift carts are listed:770 pounds $199.99 (#41109-7RAC)330 pounds
> $99.99 (# 43542-1rag)770 pounds (hi -lift) $249.99 (#41145-4rah)
> The phone number is 1-800-423-2567, url is www.harborfreight.com.
>
> CUL,
> John Myers,
> Myers TV,
> Alliance, Oh

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, email
chat-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove or join as the subject.
http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

Paul ,B
                                     Central TV&Video