[TechAssist] KV-27S66 Power supply cycles - 2nd req

  • From: "Joel Jacobs" <jj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:51:20 -0400

Hi techs,
This power supply shuts down every few seconds then restarts.  The power
relay remains energized.  I've changed the switching regulator IC, the
SE135, the opto, checked all the electrolytics in the power supply and
changed any that had even slight ESR.  I've changed the electrolytic in the
horiz drive circuit that could cause ovecurrent there.  When it's running
the picture looks fine.  On the back there is a sticker 'chassis BA-4D'.
The BA-4D pdf in the files area has inconsistencies in the power supply
circuit and no voltages at all so it's not a lot of help.  I've run it on
the variac from 90 to about 135VAC with no change.  I've tried unloading the
supply slightly by un-plugging the CRT socket board and it still cycles.
What is a good way to troubleshoot this circuit?  How can I determine
whether it's the voltage feedback or current limit circuit that's killing
it?  Anyone seen this before?
Thanks much!
Joel Jacobs
Ohio Consumer Electronics