[TechAssist] Re: JVC model AV-27980 TV

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:47:17 -0500

Jerry,
The degauss relay may have the diode that is across it shorted, or the
switching transistor is defective. It's usually a darlington type. This
power supply has several switching type transistors and some darlington
transistors. I don't know how your "friend" is checking the transistors but
he/she had better be good!

I have repaired several of the JVC lightning casualties, but they will
usually run between 150-175. The best way to approach the repair, is with an
external power supply. If you are going to spend the time on this set, get a
diagram.

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] JVC model AV-27980 TV
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:04:22 -0400

A tech friend of mine is working on this one.  Came in dead, after a storm,
replaced main regulator ic and several other transistors in power supply
area.  Comes on now but B+ is low (it's running at about 100 volts) &
picture is of course narrow.  Also the degaussing relay does not work, relay
and related transistors check OK.  Set works otherwise OK. Regulator circuit
is hard to trace out, does anyone have a diagram for this set that I can
use?  Any ideas?
Thanks.

Jerry Eiting   geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christians Electronic Service