[TechAssist] JVC mini stereo system CA-HXZ10- need complete CD player mech.

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:22:51 -0400

JVC mini stereo system CA-HXZ10- need complete CD player mech.

This mini shelf stereo system needs a complete CD player unit. First,
the model number CA-HXZ10 might be a Canadian number. It should be same
as HXZ10U or similar.

Customer brings in this unit and said a CD was stuck inside so his
cousin (ya, it is always the cousin, not themselves, right?) took it
apart and removed the CD but he couldn't get it back together properly.
This is one of those  multiple tray units, whereas there is a tray that
comes out front for each separate CD. This one has 5 trays.

I opened up the unit and determined that too much damage was done to
bother attempting to repair it. I told him that I would see if the
entire CD mech is available. I have put in a info request at my JVC
supplier but I am not optamistic that the whole mech. is avaialble as
one piece.

Does anyone have a scrap machine with intact CD player? I can take
photos if that would help anyone know that they have the same part.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics