[TechAssist] JVC TV Model AV2750S - No video

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:32:15 -0600

Hello Techs,

HELP!  I was hoping the customer didn't want to fix this dog, but he said
yes. This set has audio and osd, and has video and audio coming out of the
phono jacks. BUT, has no video on the crt, (has raster and osd).  I replaced
IC201 (VC2024Z) jungle IC - very expensive.  This cured a overheating of the
IC causing pulsing shutdown of display (which originally had no video). But
still no video on the crt.  I have no schematics and service manual is NLA,
Sams doesn't list. I know the video output signals at pins 28, 29 and 30 of
IC201 are not present, (do not know what any of the other pins of IC201
are).

The question is - can I assume it is the Comb Filter IC (M52005P - IC251) as
I have no video coming out of the C & Y outputs of it, but do have video
going into this chip and leaving this chip going to the external jacks.
It is very difficult to troubleshoot without prints so am pulling at straws.
Does this sound like an educated guess?

Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, Mn.
sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx