[TechAssist] JVC Model # AV-27820 Closed Captioning problem

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:07:42 -0500

Hi everyone, I hope someone knows how to disable the closed caption on this tv.
Seems like a silly problem. The tv turns on fine but then pops up a black box
in the middle of the screen covering most of the picture. They don't have the
original remote or the owners manual. I can get in the menu and make changes
via the front panel. I see a closed caption line in the display and when you
get into that section you only have a choice to change the CC1,2,3,4, and the
Text1,2,3,4 but I don' t see a closed caption on/off. Is it only disabled by
remote? Doesn't make sense but its the only thing I can think of.
If there is a strange way to turn these off please let me know.

Thanks

Jason
Moutons Electronics