[TechAssist] JVC AV-48WP74 Tips/Manual needed

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:15:05 -0500

Hi everyone!

As usual I have found myself in another "trapped" situation.  One of the stores
we service for sold a JVC AV-48WP74 to a customer in a HIGHLY remote area 6
weeks ago and the set went off yesterday.  We are not JVC authorized BUT
because no one else could be located (no one else was STUPID enough to go!) I
was dumb enough to drive 95 miles (1 way) to check the unit out.   Found that
unit would power up (hv ok) then immediately shut down and blue power indicator
light in front would flash.  I disconnected power to the convergence amps (no
change) and checked for any shorts (none located).  I searched for any bad
connections but found none.  After connecting everything back up the set
powered up and did not go off but still no pix or audio.  I turned up 1 screen
control and found "band" of light about 16" wide.  Could not connect signal
source to set (long, trailer story)because I heard no audio at all (customer
may have turned off speakers in menu) so I was "lucky" enough that
 this had a removeable lightbox that I could pull the chassis.

Can anyone upload or email me the schematic -or- have any tips on this model?
I removed the set at 6pm last night and the customer has already called the
store this morning complaining that it's not back yet!  Don't you love it??????

TIA!!!!

valleytv@xxxxxxx
(for large files)

Gary