[TechAssist] JVC AV-32D502-chassis=A94 shuts down

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:29:02 -0500

Greeting,
              I went on service call to repair this TV armed with schematic
(thanks to Bob Waterman) but was unable to find the problem in the customers
home so I lugged it into the shop, got it on the bench and have found the
reason the TV shuts down as soon as you turn it on is because there is .7v on
pin 32 of IC101 (TB1253AN) called a 1 chip decoder or fancy name for jungle ic
but anyway pin 32 is X-ray protect, if I ground this pin TV will come on but
has bowed picture on each side. Strange thing is the voltage that is shutting
the TV down seems to be coming from IC101 pin 32 because if I lift the pin the
TV still shuts down, ground the pin and TV comes on  and there is no voltage
coming from x-ray protect circuit. When the TV is on the voltage on pin 29
(ew-pin out) is way off which is making the picture bowed. I am thinking this
IC-101 is bad, has anyone had a TB1253AN fail, and also can you use one made by
another manufacturer because Tritronics has that chip made by Toshiba for
16.62, Sharp for 13.86 and JVC for 42.73, that's a big difference in price. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771
Ph--828-479-6043
Fax-828-479-4868
(tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, email
chat-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove or join as the subject.