[TechAssist] JVC AV32890-Dead

  • From: "peter" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:09:33 -0400

>From Keith's Stereo
>
> Won't Come On- normally a common easily repaired fault---welcome to our
nightmare

> Found C926 to be bad and replaced this along with IC901. Pin 4 of IC 901
seems to be ramping between 10-15 volts. Therefore no start up. We've
replaced just about everything in the Power Supply. Have replaced the ISS
diodes, electrolytics, error  amp IC 941, Optic IC PC901& PC902, the  chip
transistors on the bottom of the board and the relay drivers.
> Set will come on when first plugged in and when you turn it off it won't
come back on as it is ramping again. If left on, set will run all day. If
turned off, only way to get it to come back on is to unplug and then plug it
back in. Any ideas out there on this, it seems that most techs  that we've
spoken to, give up.  Thanks  Peter    Keith's Stereo
Peter Kowalik  pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    Keith?s
Stereo  Burl ON