[TechAssist] Re: JVC AV-32120

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:52:29 -0400

Forgot to add that some of your other problems might be caused by cracks
in the circuit board. Check carefully around heavy transformers, around
holes in the board, and at the edges.

The shadow mask in the picture tube has been knocked loose by the blow
it took hitting the ground. You can try to mount small fridge magnets on
the back of the tube (experiment with positioning) to help correct the
purity issues but I am guessing it is too far gone to bring the picture
back to acceptable quality. New tube to fix.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984