[TechAssist] Re: Is it possible to do Extended Warranty work without having thenormal warranties?

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:06:35 +0000

It would depend on who issued the extended warranty as most of the time it
is a private company, if not the place that sold the set. The main problem
with the extended warantys is who they are backed by and if you ever get
paid in a timely manner if at all if they go belly up. so it would depned on
the issueing group. I do some  expended warranty for the phoenix service
group but don't do manufatures warrantys other than Teac who we've been with
since 1965 or so when the reached america. The reason for dropping most
manufactuers warranty service was their attitude, at one time manufactures
gave the centers service info and bent over backwards to satify their
customers but now it is pay up front a premium you may never recover for
service info and to be an ASC handle their garbage and irate customers etc
an may be if they feel like it and all of your I's are dotted and t's
crossed they might payup in 60 to 90 days if you sent a copy of the recipt.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: kevinstv <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Is it possible to do Extended Warranty work without
having the normal warranties?
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:52:42 -0700

I just lost the Toshiba TW40F80 repair to extended warranty!
Is it possible to get authorized for extended warranties only?
I cannot get the major brand warranties as I work out of my house.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV and Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevinstv@xxxxxxx