[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi model MT-2550

  • From: Kevin <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:25:49 -0800

Check Q951, 12 volt zener diode ZD951, all 900 series diodes, R953 10
ohm and all other resistors in that little area.  Also check C952 and
all other caps in area.  Problem could be just one or two parts or many
parts.  These repairs are a nightmare sometimes, but they are a good
set.  My mother has the same TV and it has a great picture for a 15 year
old TV.  The zener diode must be a 12 volt 1% tolerance, not 5%.  Let me
know what happens.

This circuit is a 12 volt regulator for the relay.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevinstv@xxxxxxx