[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi circuit protectors

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:30:45 -0400

Gary,
See the following:
        DP-2X MINI FUSE IDENTIFICATION

     Prepared by Alvie Rodgers C.E.T.

      Pictures by Danny Newman

      Back to Things You Should Know

      V.   How do I now the ratings of the "Mini Fuses"? All they say is 7K,
9K, etc......

      Shown on the right are the Hitachi Pico Fuses.

      As can be seen, they have an identifying Label.

      These values represent mA ratings.

      Example: 10K would mean 10K mA. Move the decimal three places to the left
and you would have 10 Amps.

      (10K = 10K mA = 10,000 mA = 10A)

      Another Example:

      (500 = 500 mA = 0.5 A = 1/2 Amp)

      Click Image for larger view. Close New Window after viewing.
     Product Safety Note: Components marked with a   have special
characteristics important to safety. Before replacing any of these components,
read carefully, the PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE.

      To the right represents the Color Coding for the Hitachi Pico Fuses.

      This will help the Service Technician to identify the Pico Fuse without
being able to physically see the identifying value.

      Download this chart in Adobe Acrobat® format.

      Click Image for larger view.

      Close New Window after viewing.

      Product Safety Note: Components marked with a   have special
characteristics important to safety. Before replacing any of these components,
read carefully, the PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE.

        Here are some examples of the Part Numbers from the Service Manual +7V
(To DCU) Protector (3A) FP02  AZ00106M
            +11V Regulator (IP04) Protector (7A) FP03  AZ00109M
            +28V Protector (Convergence) (10A) FP04  AZ00421M
            150V Protector (Deflection B+) (3A) FP05  AZ00421M
            +7V (To DCU) Protector (5A) FP07  AZ00108M
            M28V Protector (Convergence) (10A) FP08  AZ00421M
            B+ Regulator IC (IP03) Protector (5A)  FP09  AZ00101M

      Product Safety Note: Components marked with a   have special
characteristics important to safety. Before replacing any of these components,
read carefully, the PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE.

      See the complete list on the "Key Component Section" for each Chassis. Go
to the Key Component Index Page, click HERE. (Close New Window after viewing.)

          Back to the Top
     Back Home / Back to Things You Should Know

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms