[TechAssist] Hitachi F391 VCR, shutting down.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:33:45 -0800

Hi fellow techs,

This F391 Hitachi VCR plays for about 30 minutes and then starts to make
a thumping noise.  After a few more minutes the picture starts to glitch
every time the noise is heard.  Finallly the VCR shuts down and I can?t
eject the tape at all.  After pressing the power button and eject button
several times the tape finally comes out.  The VCR then plays normally
for awhile and the whole process starts over again.

Does this sound like the capstan motor?  I have not had a capstan motor
fail in this manner so I am not sure.  TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx