[TechAssist] Hitachi AP63 fixed..Damn Bug!

  • From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:32:05 EST

Had a Hitachi 50UX26B, AP63 Chassis. Would not start. Could not get the
primary side of the Power supply to start. I had replaced all the components
on the primary side of the Power supply and it still would not start. Found
nothing wrong on the secondary. One of the fine members of this group
forwarded the info to the proper people at Hitachi and they emailed me
several tests to try. None of them would work. Finally I tried to ring the
switching transformer. It would not ring in circuit so I removed T902 . When
I removed the transformer, a "BIG OLE BUG " had crawled in between the legs
of the transformer and the body of the transformer. I cleaned it out and the
transformer rang good. I put the transformer back in and applied 17v to the
cathode of d905 and slowly applied 0 to 60 volts to pin one of T902 while I
monitored pin 1 of I901.Wallah!!! a waveform appeared. I replaced F906 and
F903 which loads the primary and secondary and Wallah again....it
works....Guess that bug had enough juice in it's body do cause problems.

Tommy Herman
Herman TV
250 School Ave SW
Taylorsville,  N.C.  28681