[TechAssist] Hitachi 60EX38BA, convergence problem

  • From: BOSS1996@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:33:23 EDT

Red conv. is misaligned in top right corner, pulled down in a "S" shape.
Replaced the conv. IC (stk4274) to no avail. Swapped the conv. connector to the
blue driver output to see if that particular corner would staighten out and no
good. Swapped yokes with no success either.I connected the blue tube to the red
conv. output and the "curve" was not there.
At this point I think perhaps the tube itself is magnetized, I have tried
degaussing the tube and the area around it but no help.
Am I on the right track here? If so, how can I get it demagnetized since my
normal degaussing ring does not seem to do it?

Robert Cardoza
Picture Perfect Electronics
Pembroke Pines, Fla