[TechAssist] Hitachi 50UX14B comb filter modification

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:40:29 -0500

Hi Guys, I just thought I`d share this nightmare with you so it won`t be
a nightmare for you.
If you need to replace the comb filter in the 50UX14B ( and several
other models) you will
order part #2375401, the bag will say 2375401 but the comb filter in the
bag will be marked
2375403, DON`T send it back because you`ll just get the same part again.
The instruction
sheet inside the bag is useless because of the lousy translation to
English, and the mod sheet
from Hitachi is also incorrect and confusing. The correct modification
is actually very simple,
When you remove the original HC3041-S   pn  2375401 from your customers
set, remove the
bottom shield and unsolder the 8 pin smd IC (it`s marked 3108S on the
IC) you have to
install this 8 pin IC into the "NEW" comb filter HC3041  pn2375403, the
"new" replacement
does NOT have this 8 pin IC in it but the board is screened and
pre-soldered for it, If you
fail to install this IC in the replacement you will have audio,but a
very faint blue screen with
no video, I hope this helps some of you in the future, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428