[TechAssist] Hitachi 50EX8K runs with perfect pic/sound 30 sec, thumps and shutdown

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:17:30 -0500

Made in 1994.Other similar versions are:
55EX9K,50EX10B,50EX11B,50EX12KV.
Powers up with a perfect picture, sound and convergence. After maybe 30
seconds, I hear an audible "thump" as it shuts down. Must unplug to
reset. I closely looked at the power/deflection board for bad
solder,visablly bad caps,stains,etc. but none seen, and tapping the set
when on produces no signs of bad connections.
I think I hear a slight raspy noise coming from the horizontal area just
before shut down but the picture is unaffected. I ESR'd many small
lytics around the vert, and regulators. All seem OK.
I THINK it is an AP32 chassis.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader