[TechAssist] Re: HD Trouble on Sony KP53HS10--green pix

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:29:14 -0500

Is this "regular SD" signal the Video 1-4 SD signal connections? Or SD
signal transmitted on the Component (5-7) connection? Does this have DVI or
HDMI connects?
DVI/HDMI go to the very last STAGE of video processing, Component processing
adds a couple more sections to the very last stage, and Normal Composite
processing takes a DIFFERENT path into the Final Processing Stage.
(that's because it's converted into a 1080i-like signal...double-lined into
a 960i signal)

NOW THERE's ONE THING TO LOOK AT (although I doubt this is the cause)
Some of the Sonys allow you to set the TV for Interlace or Progressive
scanning....had one 2 or 3 years ago where the DVD was Progressive and the
TV was interlace.....switched it to (the DVD) interlace, and the GREEN
picture normalized.....unless this was a NEW tv, I doubt the customer had
changed settings.....
But there are settings on some older Sonys that allow you to select
Progressive input.....I don't think this model has that feature.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN